Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Toni's Shepherds Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Toni's Shepherds Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Toni's Shepherds Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a number of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Even though we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making some modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you don’t want to eat. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A great healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. Add fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to toni's shepherds pie recipe. To make toni's shepherds pie you only need 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Toni's Shepherds Pie:
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground veal.
- Get 4 of russet potatoes.
- You need 1/3 cup of red wine.
- Provide 1/3 cup of beef broth.
- Get 2 tbsp of mayo (Hellmans).
- Provide 1 cup of frozen mixed peas & carrots.
- Prepare 1 medium of yellow onion.
- Get 2 clove of garlic minced.
- Get 1/2 cup of white mushrooms.
- Provide 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- Take 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- Get 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese freshly grated.
- Use 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of salt.
- Use 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh thyme.
- Use 1 tsp of fresh rosemary.
- Provide 2 of frozen pie crusts.
- Use 2 tsp of evoo.
Instructions to make Toni's Shepherds Pie:
- let pie crusts thaw at room temp, slice mushrooms, slice onion, mince garlic cloves, chop thyme and rosemary..
- peel potatoes, cut into square inches, rinse clean, boil water add salt, then once water is boiled add potatoes.
- heat a large frying pan over medium heat add 2 tspn of evoo & 2 tspn of butter, then add sliced onions & mushrooms a pinch of salt & pepper and brown mushrooms & cook onions until their translucent..
- then add 1 lb of ground beef and 1 lb of ground veal add garlic powder, onion powder, pinch of pepper, & pinch of salt, brown meat, then add frozen mixed peas & carrots, red wine & beef broth cook to a simmer on medium low heat till absorbed, then add minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, & set to side..
- preheat oven now at 400°.
- drain potatoes, add back to pot add 1/2 stick of butter, 2 tbsp of mayo, pinch of salt & pepper, onion & garlic powder to taste, 1/2 cup of milk and smash & mix by hand till smooth yet a tad bit chunky for texture, then add Parmesan cheese and mix lightly..
- now add even scoops of meat & veggie filling to pie crusts, then on top of that generously add potatoes to the top of filling and smooth around with spoon, place in preheated oven till the top of potatoes get golden brown and trimming of pie crust is golden browned, take out let sit covered with a tinfoil tent for about 10 to 15 mins, cut each pie into fours and serve.
If you find this Toni's Shepherds Pie recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.