Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Treats.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and less of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. A piece of pizza will not make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, nonetheless, in terms of eating between goodies. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Why not try one of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Just about the most popular treats is natural yogurt. Eating fat free yogurt in place of a wholesome larger lunch isn’t a good idea. You can’t beat yogurt whenever it comes to a nutritious snack though. Along with calcium, it really is a good source of aminoacids and vitamin B. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your digestive tract work appropriately depending upon the culture used to produce it. Try putting in some healthy nuts to unsweetened low fat yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an excellent method to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without too much sugar.
You can find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy way of life can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to one pot mexican beef and brown rice recipe. You can have one pot mexican beef and brown rice using 28 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice:
- Provide 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Use 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Take 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Use 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- You need 3/4 cup of brown rice, uncooked (not instant).
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Take 1 tbsp. of cumin.
- Provide 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of paprika.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- Provide 1/4 tsp. of onion powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of medium yellow squash, sliced into thin coins, then quartered.
- Get 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth (reduced sodium recommended).
- Provide 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Get of Optional Toppings :.
- You need of ·Sour Cream.
- Provide of ·Drizzle of sriracha.
- Provide of ·Crushed Tortilla Chips.
- Prepare of ·Additional Shredded Cheese.
- Get of ·Shredded Lettuce.
- Provide of ·Diced Avacado.
- Take of ·Freshly Diced Tomato.
- Use of ·Sliced Jalapenos.
Steps to make One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice:
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet with a tight fitting lid. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until the onion is translucent, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute or so, until fragrant..
- Add the ground meat and cook until browned, breaking it up as you go. Drain any excess grease, if needed..
- Stir in the rice, diced tomatoes and beans. Then stir in the seasonings. Increase the heat to med-high..
- Stir in the broth and the squash. Let it come to a boil. Once boiling, place the lid on and decrease the heat down to med-low..
- Allow to simmer for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking (if using a different kind of rice besides brown rice, then decrease the cook time), until the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender..
- Remove from heat once done and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Place the lid back on so the cheese will melt, about 2-3 minutes..
- Serve immediately, and refrigerate any leftovers..
- It's very versatile. Pictured with pinto beans instead of black beans and 1 cup corn kernels instead of squash –>.
If you find this One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.